Saturday, February 4, 2012

Walter Wilson was a respected Christian physician who lived several generations ago. Though he had claimed to know God all of his life, he knew something was missing. He didn't feel any real personal intimacy with Jesus Christ. There was no power or triumph to His Christian walk. His life wasn't really impacting the world around him. Then one night, he heard a message at church that changed his entire paradigm. He realized that although he knew a lot about Jesus Christ, he had never truly surrendered his life to Him. He had been playing the game of Christianity, but had never taken Christ's words to heart: "Whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple." (Luke 14:33)

That night, he went home, fell upon his knees, and prayed this prayer:

My Lord, I have mistreated You all my life. I have treated You like a servant. When I wanted You, I called for You; when I was about to engage in something important, I beckoned You to come and help me perform my task. I have sought to use You only as a servant to help me in my self-appointed work. I will do so no more. Lord, I give You this body of mine; from my head to my feet, I give it to You. My hands, my limbs, my eyes, my brain; all that I am inside and out, I hand over to You. Live in and through me whatever life You please. You may send this body to Africa....You may blind my eyes, or send me with your message to Tibet. You may take this body to the Eskimos, or send it to a hospital bed. This body of mine is Yours alone from this moment on.


No comments:

Post a Comment