Thursday, July 28, 2011

Do you love Me?... Tend My sheep. John 21:16

"If you love me," says Jesus, "Feed My sheep." "Don't make converts to your way of thinking, but look after My sheep, see that they are nourished in the knowledge of Me." Our Lord's first obedience was to the will of His Father, and He said "As the Father has sent Me, I also send you." It sounds the right thing to say that Jesus Christ came here to help humankind: but His great desire was to do the will of His Father, and our Lord was misunderstood because He would not put the needs of people first. He said the first commandment is "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength."
 Jesus Christ is source of deep offense to the educated trained mind of today that does not want Him in any other way than as a Comrade. Many do not want to be devoted to Him, but only to the cause He started. If I am only devoted to the cause of humanity, I will soon be exhausted and come to the point where my love will falter, but if I love Jesus Christ I will serve humanity, though men and women treat me like a doormat.

Excert from Daily Thoughts for Disciples by Oswald Chambers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I am a Christian young lady, new to blogging and looking for some good Christians friends :) i really like your blog.... if you want drop by my blog and leave a message :)
    In Christ,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete